Domestic (approx.) Course 1: $1,042; Course 2: $3,127; Course 3: $8,341 (this includes a student levy of $266 per year for access to student services). Fees may vary, please contact us for more information.
18 months - 2 years full-time
5 - 7 years of professional practice experience
Full-time 20 hours of study per week; part-time 10 hours of study per week
Are you an experienced practitioner in your sector?
Use the real-life experiences from your professional life as rich learning material. You’ll identify a challenge or goal in your work environment to research and then develop and implement an approach for resolving it.
This qualification is perfect for advancing your professional career. What’s more, you can apply a Master of Professional Practice to virtually any discipline or sector.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- propose and complete a project, carried out in an organisation you work for or with, have a key functional relationship with, or in your self-employment.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study at this level is that you will undertake an in-depth industry-relevant project. This could be developing a new process, entering a new market, responding to stakeholders, fostering innovation or addressing internal organisational culture, for example. You can then research and define this issue, develop an approach for resolving it, and implement processes to achieve your desired outcomes.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning and is based in your workplace, you do not need to provide us with a My Vaccine Pass. Please ensure you follow your workplace vaccination guidelines.
- You will need to provide us with a valid My Vaccine Pass if you want to visit an Otago Polytechnic site for any reason while you are studying with us (e.g. meetings, events, presentations) or attend graduation in person at the end of this programme.
- You do not need to provide a valid My Vaccine Pass if you are attending on campus health services (e.g. student health, Kowhai Centre).
- In exceptional circumstances, exemptions may be granted to this. You can find out more about this in our vaccination policy. If you think you have grounds to be exempt from our vaccination requirements, please email Covidfirstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more information about our vaccination requirements here. And, if you still have further questions, please visit our FAQs page which you can find here.
"It allowed me to correlate exactly what I undertook in my specialist work environment to a field of study and research that benefited my development – as well as adding significant value to my employer."
Master of Professional Practice