Domestic (approx.) $7,554.00 (this includes a student levy of $266 per year for access to student services). Fees may vary, please contact us for more information.
10 months full time or 18-20 months part time
7 - 10 Years of professional practice experience
Full time 20 hours of study per week; part time 10 hours of study per week
With specialties in:
Are you an experienced design professional?
This degree will reflect your talent, expertise and significant experience in your specialist area of Design – either Communication, Fashion or Product Design.
You’ll develop a portfolio that demonstrates your technical skills and knowledge, and complete a design project in your chosen field of specialty.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
Multi-year enrolments from 2022
From 1 January 2023, Otago Polytechnic joins Te Pūkenga, a new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people. The great news is that this enables us to share skills and knowledge across a network of passionate education providers, to better help you succeed. All learners who start multi-year programmes of study prior to this change, continuing into 2023 and beyond, will graduate with a dual-institution qualification, representing both Otago Polytechnic and Te Pūkenga.