Domestic (approx.) $6,681.00 (this includes a student levy of $266 per year for access to student services). Fees may vary, please contact us for more information.
10 months full-time or 18-20 months part-time
7 - 10 years of professional practice experience
Full-time 20 hours of study per week; part-time 10 hours of study per week
Are you an experienced IT professional?
This degree will endorse and extend your knowledge and skills in IT across a broad spectrum of the industry including infrastructure and software.
You’ll develop a portfolio that showcases your professional practice and complete a new learning project in the workplace, and you’ll learn new skills in addition to those gained through your work.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning and is based in your workplace, you do not need to provide us with a My Vaccine Pass. Please ensure you follow your workplace vaccination guidelines.
- You will need to provide us with a valid My Vaccine Pass if you want to visit an Otago Polytechnic site for any reason while you are studying with us (e.g. meetings, events, presentations) or attend graduation in person at the end of this programme.
- You do not need to provide a valid My Vaccine Pass if you are attending on campus health services (e.g. student health, Kowhai Centre).
- In exceptional circumstances, exemptions may be granted to this. You can find out more about this in our vaccination policy. If you think you have grounds to be exempt from our vaccination requirements, please email Covidemail@example.com
You can find more information about our vaccination requirements here. And, if you still have further questions, please visit our FAQs page which you can find here.
“I liked the independence and flexibility in the unique study pattern offered by Capable NZ. I was able to get my degree while I was still working full time.”
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil)