Not sure if your experience fits?
If you would like to do the course but you are not sure if you have the relevant experience, please contact us. We are happy to talk you through your options.
Are you an operational manager – a team leader, supervisor or first line manager?
This qualification recognises those with established knowledge and experience in contributing to an organisation’s operational performance.
As a graduate, you’ll be a self-aware, motivated, flexible and experienced practitioner who’ll be of benefit to New Zealand business entities. You’ll demonstrate business competencies including problem solving, decision-making, negotiating and using technology effectively.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
Multi-year enrolments from 2023
From 1 January 2023, Otago Polytechnic joins Te Pūkenga, a new national network of vocational and applied education in Aotearoa New Zealand. You will learn in the same way, in the same place, and with the same people. The great news is that this enables us to share skills and knowledge across a network of passionate education providers, to better help you succeed. All learners who start multi-year programmes of study prior to this change, continuing into 2023 and beyond, will graduate with a dual-institution qualification, representing both Otago Polytechnic and Te Pūkenga.
Kim Wheeler, Mondelez International
New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 5)
“Studying with Capable NZ has been an amazing process, hard at times but really worthwhile. It allowed me to look at my skills and knowledge and realise my true potential. I got to use all of my years of work experience to demonstrate my business knowledge.”