Fees may vary, please contact us for more information
10 months full time or 18-20 months part time
7 - 10 Years of professional practice experience
Full time 20 hours of study per week; part time 10 hours of study per week
Are you an experienced tertiary teacher with an undergraduate degree or higher?
This qualification incorporates real-life experiences from your professional life and uses them as rich learning material.
Graduates will be well placed to face a variety of complex and challenging issues in the modern learning environment, and to prepare their learners for careers or higher level study.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
"Overall, I'd say that the main thing I got out of the programme was confidence. I was taught how to look deeper and reflect on what I was already doing. I now know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm delivering quality education programmes to my students in the best possible way."
Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education