Fees may vary, please contact us for more information
6 months full time or 12 months part time
5 - 7 Years of professional practice experience
Full time 20 hours of study per week; part time 10 hours of study per week
Are you a veterinary nurse or veterinary nurse assistant?
Gain recognition of your knowledge and skills as an experienced veterinary nursing practitioner in the field of veterinary nursing assistant.
As a graduate, you’ll have grown your veterinary nursing skills and competencies, and developed a cohesive integrated model of practice inclusive of professional standards and reflective processes.
On successful completion of one or both of these programmes, you will be eligible to go on the voluntary list held by the New Zealand Veterinary Nursing Association.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
“Working full time while supporting my family, I couldn't take three years out to study. With Capable NZ, I kept working and completed my degree in 12 months using the skills and experience I had.”
Bachelor of Social Services