Fees may vary, please contact us for more information
5 - 7 Years of professional practice experience
Full time 20 hours of study per week; part time 10 hours of study per week
Are you an experienced rural animal technician?
This qualification will help you identify, demonstrate, articulate and reflect upon the understandings and skills you have developed through your work and other relevant learning experiences.
You’ll deepen your understanding of rural animal technician skills while contributing to the development of new knowledge in your profession, and graduate with well-developed critical thinking capabilities.
On successful completion, you’ll be eligible to go on the voluntary list held by the New Zealand Veterinary Nursing Association.
Your Study Programme
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
“Working full time while supporting my family, I couldn't take three years out to study. With Capable NZ, I kept working and completed my degree in 12 months using the skills and experience I had.”
Bachelor of Social Services