Fees may vary, please contact us for more information
Full time 20 hours of study per week; part time 10 hours of study per week
Are you an experienced change-maker?
Gain recognition for your skills and experience in making a difference – identifying problems, figuring out solutions, and driving action.
As a graduate, you’ll be able to effect change and provide strong, clear, capable leadership. You’ll further develop your transferable skills in leadership, communication, self-awareness, planning, time-management, fund sourcing, financial management and collaboration.
The Capable NZ difference
The Capable NZ process centres you and your own career – you’ll reflect on where you’ve come from, where you are now, and where you want to go.
- identify early experiences and influences that have shaped you, and how these relate to your working life
- analyse your work and life experiences and skills, and evaluate your strengths and capabilities
- identify, access and research relevant practice theories, models, tools, frameworks, and reflect on how these might inform and influence your work
- complete in-depth case studies that critically explore and analyse key learning experiences from your work or community life, and align these with academic research
- undertake learning to fill any gaps in your knowledge or experience.
One key point of difference with Capable NZ study is that you complete in-depth case studies to critically analyse learning experiences from your career or community life and consider how these meet the requirements of your chosen qualification.
"Some of the most exciting and inspiring thinkers and community organisers in Aotearoa are studying and facilitating the degree – challenging old ways of thinking and devising new ways of doing. It’s an awesome community of learning, and I wanted in!"
Bachelor of Leadership for Change